Hey there lovely reader! I recently attended the launch of two of the most affordable Lumia smartphones in Kenya, the Lumia 435 and 532 which retail for 10,200 and 11,750 respectively! (Yaaaas to cheap and amazing phones)
Both phones host incredible features which not only give you value for your money but also open up the Windows Phone experiences to even more people.
Some of the features contained in these marvelous phones include:
· Switch effortlessly between voice and video calls with built-in Skype integration and a front-facing camera.
· Read, review, edit and share on the go with the full suite of Microsoft Office on Windows Phone preinstalled.
· Keep your photos, videos and Office documents safely backed up with 30 GB of free* OneDrive cloud storage.
· Easily manage work and personal email on the fly, with Microsoft Outlook.
· Capture photos quickly and easily with Lumia Camera and take, edit and share great selfies with the front-facing camera and Lumia Selfie app.
· Have your home screen your way with Windows Phone 8.1 and the Lumia Denim update, complete with one-swipe Action Centre, Word Flow and Live Folders.
· Stay up-to-date with the best new features through regular Windows updates.
“The Microsoft Lumia 435 and Lumia 532 show our commitment to bring Windows smartphones to as many people as possible. Both devices are fantastic for those moving to a smartphone for the very first time”, notes Patrick Henchie, head of product, Microsoft Mobile Device Sales, Sub-Sahara Africa.
Here is the kicker… For the first time people can now also purchase Lumia devices online via www.jumia.co.ke. (The leading online e-commerce platform in Africa.
“We are looking forward to building a long-term and successful relationship with Microsoft. Kenyan consumers will appreciate getting great prices and knowing that the quality of their Lumia devices is guaranteed. Being the online launch pad for Microsoft in Kenya will enable both of our brands to reach new customers and provide them with a great customer experience,” says Parinaz Firozi, managing director, Jumia Kenya.
To make and purchase, users can simply:
1. Go to Jumia Kenya and identify the device of choice by searching for it or browse using the categories.
2. Click the BUY NOW button. This action adds the device to your cart. Then proceed to checkout and follow the process.
3. Confirm shipping location and input contact details.
4. Delivery is made anywhere in Kenya or one has a choice to pick up the item for free at the company’s offices in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru; and payments can be made via cash or mobile money transfer
5. Devices above Ksh.5000 will be delivered for free within Nairobi while devices above Ksh. 8000 are delivered for free in all major cities.
What are you waiting for??
Happy shopping 🙂