I recently got the chance to attend this year’s Bloggers Association of Kenya’s Award show at the Intercontinental Hotel on the 2nd day of the month of May. I was really excited about the event because…
1. I am a blogger.
2. I wanted to know who the best bloggers in Kenya were and why and most importantly, how they looked.
3. Watching winners receive their awards is the funniest thing to me. I always imagine them going “Okay. I now have this golden / wooden / bronze / plastic accessory for my sitting room cabinet. Whoopeee!” Seriously guys. A cheque with loads of money is always the better option! I am sure most of you agree with me 🙂
4. Listening to the winner’s speeches is hilarious to me especially since they always try their best to be humble about it.(Except Ghafla.)
This year’s ceremony was super swanky and guests were treated to bites, drinks and Makadem makademing. I had a really good time interacting with fellow bloggers during the event.
Super awesome and fabulous Fashion Blogger Silvia Njoki, was the star of the night with wins in both the ‘Best Fashion blog’ and the ‘Blog of the year’ Categories. Congratulations Gorgeous!
Below… The 2015 BAKE Awards winners.
1. Best Technology Blog
2. Best Photography Blog
Watch The BAKE Awards Highlight Reel below.
3. Best Creative Writing Blog
4. Best Business Blog
5. Best Food Blog
6. Best Environmental/Agricultural Blog
7. Best Fashion/Beauty/Hair/Style Blog
8. Best Politics Blog
9. Best New Blog
10. Best Corporate Blog
11. Best Topical Blog
12. Best Sports Blog
13. Best Entertainment/Lifestyle Blog
14. Best Education Blog
15. Best Travel Blog
16. Best Health Blog
17. Best County Blog
18. Kenyan Blog of the Year
Check out the highlights below…